The search functionality on mutualofomaha.com was going to start showing advertisements to our customers after a certain date, so we needed to replace it with something quickly. We chose to leverage the full-text search capabilities of Solr and add a new microservice to search the existing JSON-based content stored in the Digital Content Repository.
Digital Content Repository
Helped develop a suite of microservices to deliver JSON-based content to mutualofomaha.com, so changes to the site could be made easily without a code deployment. We used a Solr backend for fast retrieval speed, Spring Boot for developing a web application quickly and Spock for unit testing. We added integration tests for shaking out issues with our actual infrastructure configuration and ran load tests using JMeter before moving to production.
Worked with rest of mutualofomaha.com team to develop calculators and quoters to keep the site release on schedule. We learned Vue.js to get us started and delivered a unit tested, accessible calculator package with multi-level validation, graphed results and error handling. We had to work with very minimal design changes since quoters were already filed with the states' departments of insurance.
Helped develop a responsive web application to replace Excel reporting for the group insurance sales force. We used an Angular 1.x frontend and a metadata-based Teradata backend for maximum flexibility.